- Step 1: What do we include?
- Step 2: Creating Additional Files for the Package
- Step 3: Creating a package and adding files
- Step 4: Filling in package details
- Step 5: Shortcuts
- Step 6: Compiling, testing and distributing a Package
Welcome! In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a package. A package is a collection of files, compressed into a single file, just like a ZIP file. It is designed to make installation of keyboards, fonts and related documentation straightforward for the end user. When done, the package can be installed into Keyman Desktop through a simple dialog.
We will be creating a package based on the Quick French keyboard from the keyboard tutorial.
Let's get started! Move on to the next topic to begin the first step, choosing what to include in the package.