Keyman Desktop and Keyman Developer 6.2 Release History
Keyman and Keyman Developer 6.2 Release History
Issues corrected in Keyman 188.8.131.52, released 8 August 2006
- Fixed - Keyman: 'reset modifier state' additional fixes when switching between applications
- Fixed - Keyman: Visual keyboard shift keys fixed
Issues corrected in Keyman 184.108.40.206, released 30 June 2006
- Fixed - Keyman: StickyKeys fix was not reliable on some systems (even when StickyKeys not active) - resolved
- Fixed - Keyman: 'reset modifier state' option fix for right alt and right control keys
Issues corrected in Keyman 220.127.116.11, released 29 June 2006
- Fixed - Keyman: Keyman Text Services Framework addin generating large log files on some systems
Issues corrected in Keyman 18.104.22.168, released 23 June 2006
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Export of visual keyboard to XML failed with some visual keyboards
- New feature - Keyman Developer: Added KeymanWeb compiler (visible for licenced users of KeymanWeb)
- New feature - Keyman: Added support for Windows StickyKeys
Issues corrected in Keyman 22.214.171.124 (Beta), released 26 April 2006
- Fixed - Keyman: Added option 'reset modifier state' for applications such as Mozilla Firefox 1.5
- New feature - Keyman Developer: Import from Windows keyboard (deadkey import not yet supported)
Issues corrected in Keyman 126.96.36.199, released 17 March 2006
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Keyboard Wizard remembers font for keyboards
- New feature - Keyman: Welcome screen for keyboards displays at the end of the redistributable installer
Issues corrected in Keyman 188.8.131.52, released 20 December 2005
- New feature - Keyman: Display a welcome screen for a keyboard package when package is installed.
- New feature - Keyman: Allow user to click any key on the visual keyboard.
- New feature - Keyman Developer: Assist developer to include a welcome screen in packages.
- New feature - Keyman Developer: Can now include the free edition in redistributable installers.
- Fixed - Keyman: Updated the display of the Keyman Welcome Screen.
- Fixed - Keyman: Uninstall now less likely to require restart of Windows.
- Fixed - Keyman: Packages and keyboards now not added to Control Panel Add/Remove Programs by default
Issues corrected in Keyman 184.108.40.206, released 9 November 2005
- New feature - Keyman: Added "Edition" registry value to identify whether free, standard or corporate edition
- Fixed - Keyman: Double-clicking on a .kmx or .kmp file in Windows Explorer in Server 2003 now works
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Crash in compiler when compiling some UTF-8 keyboard source files
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Fonts with higher plane characters now display correctly in Character Map (e.g. Doulos SIL)
Keyman 220.127.116.11 was an internal release
Issues corrected in Keyman 18.104.22.168, released 2 October 2005
- New feature - Keyman Developer: Can now require fonts to be uninstalled with packages
- New feature - Keyman: Can now enter Unicode characters via hexadecimal keys with Ctrl+RightShift (Standard and Corporate editions only)
- Fixed - Keyman: Can now enter registration details even if not an Administrator
- Fixed - Keyman: Debug mode is now much faster
Issues corrected in Keyman 22.214.171.124, released 17 August 2005
- Fixed - Keyman: Icons for files were sometimes incorrect
- Fixed - Keyman: Added .tsi and .kvk shell associations for Keyman Configuration
- Fixed - Keyman: Fixed hang when Keyman Configuration started or shut down on some machines
- Fixed - Keyman: Version numbers mismatched in a number of areas
- Fixed - Keyman: Icon in task tray is black for undefined keyboard icons
- Fixed - Keyman: Give a nicer message when Keyman fails to initialise
- Fixed - Keyman: Additional logging options for when Keyman is starting up
- Fixed - Keyman: Avoid warnings when uninstalling package during install of another package
- Fixed - Keyman: Upgrade button opens an Upgrade webpage in Free Home Edition
- Fixed - Keyman: Keyman Diagnostics Send to Tavultesoft now shows a privacy statement
- Fixed - Keyman: Cleaned recognition of Windows Server 2003
- Fixed - Keyman: Improved the startup time for Keyman applications on some machines
- Fixed - Keyman: Corrected confusing message displayed when Keyman was running during an upgrade
- New feature - Keyman: Balloon tool tip for non-Unicode apps can be switched off
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Deadkey rules in any() statements work now correctly
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Keyman Wizard did not load file when 102nd key was defined
- New feature - Keyman Developer: Show selected character in character map (as well as from character codes)
Issues corrected in Keyman 126.96.36.199, released 9 July 2005
- New feature - Keyman: Split into 3 versions - Free Home Edition, Standard and Corporate
- Fixed - Keyman: Logging added during conflict detection and resolution
- Fixed - Keyman: Workaround for conflict with Norton products
Issues corrected in Keyman 188.8.131.52, released 9 June 2005
- New feature - Keyman: Auto-correction of keyboard mapping conflicts (and option to switch off)
- New feature - Keyman: Notification balloon displays if you try to type Unicode into a non-Unicode application
- New feature - Keyman: Help file information about using Unicode keyboards
- Fixed - Keyman: Keyboard Install dialog now verifies that file exists before continuing
- Fixed - Keyman: Licence no box in Registration dialog was one character too long
- Fixed - Keyman: Fixed bug where version 184.108.40.206 would not install on a clean Windows 2000/XP system
- Fixed - Keyman: Reduced dependency on MS XML library to version 5.0 of IE
- Fixed - Keyman: CAPS ALWAYS OFF and CAPS ON ONLY rules now work on Windows XP
Issues corrected in Keyman 220.127.116.11, released 14 May 2005
- Fixed - Keyman: Install Splash Screen now works better with keyboard
- New feature - Keyman: New interface hotkeys for keyboard menu, visual keyboard and configuration
- New feature - Keyman: Detect keyboard mapping conflicts at startup and when a keyboard is selected
- New feature - Keyman: Display a welcome screen and info balloon when Keyman first installed
- Fixed - Keyman: Install: Shutdown Keyman when installing or uninstalling
- Fixed - Keyman: Install: Require a restart if any Keyman files are pending deletion
- New feature - Keyman: Install: Add 'set default hotkeys' checkbox to install
- New feature - Keyman: Diagnostics: Integrate Tavultesoft System Information (diagnostics) into Keyman Configuration
- New feature - Keyman: Diagnostics: Send diagnostic report via https://secure.tavultesoft.com/
- New feature - Keyman: Configuration: Reorganise tabs with hotkey tab and support tab
- Fixed - Keyman: Visual Keyboard: bug where visual keyboard was not displaying current keyboard when first started
- Fixed - Keyman: Visual Keyboard: fix bug where visual keyboard would not load in some situations
Issues corrected in Keyman 18.104.22.168, released 31 March 2005
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Registered version now marks keyboards as registered correctly
Issues corrected in Keyman 22.214.171.124, released 30 March 2005
- Fixed - Keyman: Bug with complex keyboards utilising multiple groups and Text Services Framework addin resolved
- New feature - Keyman: Keyman now checks for updates online periodically
- New feature - Keyman: Keyman icon in tool tray stays visible even when Text Services Framework addin is active
- New feature - Keyman Developer: Unicode Character Database updated to version 4.0.1
- New feature - Keyman Developer: You can now specify another UnicodeData.txt when building the Unicode Character Database
- New feature - Keyman Developer: Unicode Character Database now uses ADO libraries instead of obsolete DAO libraries
- New feature - Keyman Developer: Keyman Developer now checks for updates online periodically
Issues corrected in Keyman 126.96.36.199, released 6 March 2005
- New feature - Keyman: Keyman 6.1 is now shareware for all users. After a 30 day evaluation all users must purchase a licence.
- New feature - Keyman: When uninstalling, users are invited to make comments about the reason for uninstallation (optional).
Issues corrected in Keyman 188.8.131.52, released 22 April 2004
- Fixed - Keyman: Bug corrected in Text Services Framework addin with shift keys in some applications
Issues corrected in Keyman 184.108.40.206, released 8 February 2004
- Fixed - Keyman: Text Services Framework addin now works properly with deadkeys
Issues corrected in Keyman 220.127.116.11, released 14 August 2003
- Fixed - Keyman: When taskbar icon cannot be created, message window now waits for confirmation before retry.
- Fixed - Keyman: Further uninstallation bug allowing some files to be left undeleted has been corrected.
- Fixed - Keyman: Left Alt now activates menus when using mnemonic layouts on Windows 9x.
- Fixed - Keyman: When a rule with RALT or RCTRL is matched, automatic backspacing now works correctly.
- Fixed - Keyman: Space bar is now handled correctly with mnemonic layouts on Windows 9x.
- Fixed - Keyman: Keyman now supports FoxPro (cursor keys, etc now passed correctly to application).
- Fixed - Keyman: Nul matching on LHS of rules now works.
- Fixed - Help files: Documentation update: clarification of nomatch rule.
- Fixed - Help files: Documentation update: clarification of nul keyword in context.
Issues corrected in Keyman 18.104.22.168, released 3 July 2003
- Fixed - Keyman: Fixed bug in uninstaller where Keyman Configuration was wrongly deleted.
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Keyboard wizard now detects modifications when installing keyboards and prompts correctly.
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Updated pdf help files now included with build
- Fixed - Help files: mnemonic layout availability in KMDev Standard now consistent.
Issues corrected in Keyman 22.214.171.124, released 1 April 2003
- Fixed - Keyman: Visual keyboard now allows European character output, also works better with Right Alt.
Issues corrected in Keyman 126.96.36.199, released 30 March 2003
- New feature - Keyman: Added option to start Keyman at the end of the Keyman installer - only available for non-silent installs.
- New feature - Keyman: Added option to start Keyman with Windows at the end of the Keyman installer - only available for non-silent installs.
- Fixed - Keyman: Right Alt now works correctly with mnemonic layouts and European keyboards - see Keyman Developer virtual key documentation for details.
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Syntax highlighting for virtual character keys (e.g. [CTRL 'a']) now works correctly.
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Errors in system stores are now displayed in the compilation process.
- Fixed - Keyman Developer: Visual Keyboard Editor context-sensitive help now correct.
- Fixed - Help files: Table of contents has been improved, several errors corrected, and additional help written for visual keyboard editor, and others.
Issues corrected in Keyman 188.8.131.52, released 14 March 2003
- New feature - Added button to copy layout to Code Page/Unicode in TIKE's Visual Keyboard Editor.
- Fixed - Keyman installer includes more error checking when checking for existing versions of Keyman.
- Fixed - TIKE includes better error handling for database creation issues.
Issues corrected in Keyman 184.108.40.206, released 15 February 2003
- Fixed - Fixed display problems in system store Keyman Developer help files.
- Fixed - Fixed mnemoniclayout reference in Keyman Developer help files.
- Fixed - Virtual Character Keys are now documented.
- Fixed - Virtual Character Keys (used in mnemonic layouts) now only apply to 'white keys'. See documentation for details.
- Fixed - Keyman file associations now work correctly (problem introduced in 220.127.116.11).
- Fixed - Visual keyboard now displays underlying layout according to currently selected Windows layout.
- Fixed - Keyman splash screen now shows user name, not "registered user" text (problem introduced in 18.104.22.168).
- Fixed - Font now resets correctly to default font when "Reset to Default Font" menu option is chosen in TIKE, and a symbol font was previously selected.
- Fixed - MS Word Save As dialog now does not display each character twice for Unicode keyboards under Windows 98 with the RichEdit addin installed.
Issues corrected in Keyman 22.214.171.124, released 11 January 2003
- Fixed - Problem with Keyman Developer install hanging when upgrading from Keyman Developer 5.0
Issues corrected in Keyman 126.96.36.199, released 9 January 2003
- Fixed - Visual keyboards now install correctly as part of a package.
- Fixed - Error message regarding Internet Explorer 4: Keyman requires IE 5.01 in Windows 95, not IE 4.0 -- this was an error in Microsoft's documentation.
- Fixed - mnemoniclayout flag is now reset when compile starts.
- Fixed - Handled exception when opening a file (that has been deleted) from the recent files list in TIKE.
- Fixed - Num lock now works correctly -- numeric keys now output numbers if numlock is active.
- Fixed - In the help file on the tutorial page "The Finished Keyboard" the keyboard example now works correctly (the line 'store(&mnemonic) "1"' should have been 'store(&mnemoniclayout) "1"').
- Fixed - Removed warnings in the IPAMenu.kmn sample.
- Fixed - Keyman 6.0 API bug: additional field included in structure and not documented or checked for version compatibility in Keyman_BuildKeyboardList function call.
- New feature - Install log file in Keyman 6 install and uninstall (km60inst.log/km60unin.log).
- New feature - US English Keyboard layout documented in the Keyman Developer manual, for use with positional layouts.
Issues corrected in Keyman 188.8.131.52, released 4 November 2002
- Fixed - problems with Keyman stopping responding to keyboard input. (reported by Roland Fumey)
- Fixed - problems with shift state being incorrectly managed when switching between applications.
- Fixed - Disabled interaction with console windows (Console window sets focus to NULL so Keyman keyboard hook will be inactive if no window is focused).
- Fixed - Fixed problems with Capslock and Numlock state being incorrectly identified when switching applications.
- Fixed - Creation of links for uninstall of packages and packages with spaces in filename was incorrect -- need quotes around package name.
- Fixed - Install of Start Menu items in packages was missing the pathname in some situations.
- Fixed - Misleading error message when Keyman registry settings missing ("not Administrator" instead of "Keyman not installed correctly")
- Fixed - Keyman 6 startup now shows version number.
- Fixed - Space bar now activates check boxes and buttons when Keyman keyboard is active, but only if space bar is not remapped.
Issues corrected in Keyman 184.108.40.206, released 28 October 2002
- Fixed - When installing a redistributable installer with packages, the sub-packages create Start Menu items with incorrect targets: the targets point to temp directory instead of install directory. Also, Start menu items requested other than Keyman, Kmshell, and the identified readme file were created but with empty targets (i.e. they were non-functional).
- Fixed - Windows key does not work when keyboard is active on some systems.
- Fixed - Crash in TIKE Projects window when opening/closing tree branches.
- Fixed - After having opened and compiled a keyboard, Package for Distribution resulted in the new window going into background rather than foreground.
- Fixed - In the debugger, deadkeys stopped working after a few lines of input.
- Fixed - Keyman compiler in TIKE will now halt if ESC is pressed. KMComp will halt on Ctrl+Break.
- Fixed - With ANSI character set, the Character map doesn't do any automatic look-ups on the last line of the character map grid.
- Fixed - Stop button in Debug window
- Fixed - When numlock is on, keyboards do not work correctly. Caps lock rules are not implemented correctly either; the fixes for this in Keyman 220.127.116.11 have also been applied to KM6.
- Fixed - Keyman Uninstall did not uninstall lpng.dll
- Fixed - Uninstall will now wait 10 seconds before timeout message if kmshell does not exit.
- Fixed - Keyman uninstall did not prompt for reboot when reboot was required.
- Fixed - Added version information to richedit.kma
- Fixed - Added version information to version_upgrade.dll
- Fixed - HOWTO items in PDF help now displayed correctly
- Fixed - Dev help: added "lpng.dll", "keyman.exe" to redistributable installer information
- Fixed - Dev help: deadkeys and virtual keys within stores now documented
- Fixed - Dev help: context(n) history now documented
- Fixed - Keyman help can't find KMSHELL.EXE; Start Menu link needed to have working directory set
- Fixed - Addins only install when they are required; e.g. if Word not installed, WordLink won't install
- Fixed - "Keyman 5.0" title bar in startup of redistributable installer
Issues corrected in Keyman 18.104.22.168, released 20 August 2002
- Fixed - HOWTO topics in help files not displaying (Reported by Manuel Lopez).
- Fixed - Installation of Keyman Developer was aborting in Windows NT 4 (Reported by Manuel Lopez).
- Fixed - Issue in dev/help/ref/index.php where it contradicted usage of index in context (Reported by Doug Higby).
- Fixed - Issue with Save As... in TIKE where the window caption was not updated until the next edit (Reported by Doug Higby).
- Fixed - Issue in TIKE's Insert Header Template dialog where VERSION 5.1 was inserted of 6.0 (Reported by Doug Higby).
- Fixed - Crash in Visual Keyboard (Reported by Manuel Lopez).
- Fixed - Issue in Keyman Configuration where packages were not uninstalling correctly in Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs.
Issues corrected in Keyman 22.214.171.124, released 14 August 2002
- - Initial release of Keyman 6.
All Documentation Versions
- Version History wordpress
- Version History web
- Version History iphone-and-ipad
- Version History iphone
- Version History ipad
- Version History ios
- Version History desktop
- Version History bookmarklet
- Version History android