- Used by:
- All Keyman and custom Keyman Engine products can use keyboard packages.
- Keyman for Android and Keyman for iPhone and iPad can use lexical model packages.
- A .KMP file is a Keyman Package file for distributing keyboards or lexical models.
- A .KMP file is compiled from a Keyman Package source file (.KPS) using the Package Editor in Keyman Developer. Normal contents of a Keyman keyboard Package are one or more keyboards with fonts, documentation, and On
Screen Keyboard (.KVK) files. Keyman Developer will also include a metadata
file in the package. Lexical model packages contain one lexical model instead of keyboards.
- Distributed with keyboard:
- A Keyman keyboard Package file (.KMP) can include keyboard files (.KMX/.JS), fonts, documentation, and On Screen
Keyboard (.KVK) files. Do not include source files (.KMN/.KVKS) in the Package.
The Keyman Package is normally distributed instead of the plain keyboard file (.KMX) in order to
include the extra files.
- Distributed with lexical model:
- A Keyman lexical model Package file (.KMP) includes one lexical model file (.MODEL.JS),
and documentation files. Do not include lexical model source files (.MODEL.TS or
.TSV) in the Package.