BJ-OjiCree (Kingfisher) Keyboard Help
Keyboard Copyright (c) 2016-2018 Bill Jancewicz
This keyboard is designed for the Oji-Cree syllabic script used in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. The keyboard has been developed to make it easy to type all of the symbols necessary for Oji-Cree. This keyboard is fully compliant with the Unicode Standard.
This keyboard is phonetic. The basic consonant+vowel syllabic characters are formed as a result of pressing the equivalent Latin letters. For example, type na to get ᓇ, and type ni to get ᓂ. Type the vowel a second time to get the dot over the character for "long" syllables: nii to get ᓃ. For a consonant alone (finals) simply type the consonant not followed by a vowel: type niin to get ᓃᐣ. Finally, the "w" dot (mid-dot) is formed by typing the w key between the consonant and vowel: type nwa to get ᓇᐧ and nwaa to get ᓈᐧ.
On Screen Keyboard
The On Screen Keyboard view for this keyboard is simply a QWERTY US layout, since the keyboard equivalents are designed to match the Latin characters standard Oji-Cree syllabic chart.
This keyboard installs with the Unicode Aboriginal Syllabic font BJCreeUNI, which offers full support for the characters in Oji-Cree and other related languages.
Desktop Keyboard Layout
This typing guide is based on the standard Oji-Cree syllabic chart.
|(h) ᐦ||(l) ᓬ||(r) ᕒ|
- Version 9.0.1 released 2016: Initial version
- Version 9.0.2 released 2018: Add touch keyboard to package
- Version 9.0.3 released 2018: Fixed one bug and added platform support for windows and macos
All Documentation Versions
- BJ-OjiCree (Kingfisher) Keyboard Help 9.0.3
- BJ-OjiCree (Kingfisher) Keyboard Help 9.0.2
- BJ-OjiCree (Kingfisher) Keyboard Help 9.0.1
- BJ-OjiCree (Kingfisher) Keyboard Help 1.0