Dakelh Keyboard Help
This keyboard is designed for the Dakelh language of the BC Interior region of Canada.
If square boxes are displayed instead of characters when using this keyboard (and in the keyboard layouts below), please read our troubleshooting guide.
- The underlined letters s̲, z̲, t̲s̲, and d̲z̲ each have their own key. To type the underline accent separately, use the Backquote key `.
- To type the acute accent use the Slash key / — á is typed a then Slash /
- You can type the original English punctuation by holding down the Right-Alt or Option key. The Semicolon ; is typed Right-Alt+Semicolon (Windows) Option+Semicolon (Mac).
- Opening and closing quotes. For Mac users, Right-Alt is either of the Option Keys.
- single: ‘ Shift+Backquote — ’ Apostrophe
- double: “ Shift+Hyphen — ” Shift+Equals
- single ‹ Right-Alt+Shift+9 — › Right-Alt+Shift+0
- double « Right-Alt+9 — » Right-Alt+0
- keys with a red background are combining accents.
- the first character in a cell is the "one-tap" key, any further characters are "hold-select" keys.
The following fonts have been installed on your computer: Aboriginal Sans, Aboriginal Serif. Please use these fonts when typing in your language as they have been specially built to represent your language as accurately as possible.
Notes on touch layout
|_||w||e é||r||t t̲s̲||y||u ú||i í||o ó||p|
|a á||s s̲||d d̲z̲||f||g||h||j||k||l||' : "|