Hǝn̓q̓ǝmin̓ǝm Keyboard Help
This keyboard is designed for the Hǝn̓q̓ǝmin̓ǝm language of the BC Coast region of Canada.
If square boxes are displayed instead of characters when using this keyboard (and in the keyboard layouts below), please read our troubleshooting guide.
- The special characters of Hən̓q̓əmin̓əm have been assigned to the number keys. To type numerals, hold down the Right-Alt or Option key then press the appropriate number key. The Numeric keypad on the right side of many keyboards keeps its original numbers.
- All accents are typed after the base character: t̓ is typed t then Apostrophe '
- To type the glottalized accent use the Apostrophe key ' — k̓ is typed k then Apostrophe '
- To type the acute accent use the Semicolon key ; — á is typed a then Semicolon ;
- To type the háček accent use the Shift+Backquote key — č is typed c then Shift+Backquote
The letters č, š, x̌ also have their own keys: 5, 6, 7.
- To type the grave accent use the Backquote key ` — à is typed a then Backquote `
- All changed punctuation can type their original value by holding down the Right-Alt or Option key. The Semicolon ; is typed Right-Alt+Semicolon (Windows) Option+Semicolon (Mac).
- There are several additional characters which can be typed holding down the Right-Alt or Option key.
- The chi-χ is typed Right-Alt+x (Windows) Option+x (Mac).
- The belted-ɬ is typed Right-Alt+l (Windows) Option+l (Mac).
- Opening and closing quotes. For Mac users, Right-Alt is either of the Option Keys.
- single: ‘ Left-Bracket — ’ Right-Bracket
- double: “ Shift+Left-Bracket — ” Shift+Right-Bracket
- single ‹ Right-Alt+Shift+9 — › Right-Alt+Shift+0
- double « Right-Alt+9 — » Right-Alt+0
The following fonts have been installed on your computer: Aboriginal Sans, Aboriginal Serif. Please use these fonts when typing in your language as they have been specially built to represent your language as accurately as possible.
Notes on touch layout
|q q̓||w w̓||e é||ə ə́||t t̓||y y̓||u ú||i í||ƛ̓||p p̓|
|a á||s||ʔ||’||θ t̓ᶿ||h||ʷ||k k̓||l l̓||ł|
|x̌||x||c c̓||č||š||n n̓||m m̓|
- keys with a red background are combining accents.
- the first character in a cell is the "one-tap" key, any further characters are "hold-select" keys.