SENĆOŦEN Keyboard Help
This keyboard is designed for the SENĆOŦEN language of the BC Coast region of Canada.
If square boxes are displayed instead of characters when using this keyboard (and in the keyboard layouts below), please read our troubleshooting guide.
- All accents are typed after the base character: Ṯ is typed T then Equals =
- To type the acute accent use the Apostrophe key ’ — Ć is typed C then Apostophe ’
- To type the slash accent use the Slash key / — Ⱥ is typed A then Slash /
- To type the dash accent use the Hyphen key - — Ŧ is typed T then Hyphen -
- To type the low line accent use the Equals key = — Ṉ is typed N then Equals =
- The original English punctuation keys can be typed by holding down the Right-Alt or Option key. The slash / is typed Right-Alt+Slash (Windows) Option+Slash (Mac).
- Opening and closing quotes. For Mac users, Right-Alt is either of the Option Keys.
- single: ‘ Left-Bracket — ’ Right-Bracket
- double: “ Shift+Left-Bracket — ” Shift+Right-Bracket
- single ‹ Right-Alt+Shift+9 — › Right-Alt+Shift+0
- double « Right-Alt+9 — » Right-Alt+0
- keys with a red background are combining accents.
- the first character in a cell is the "one-tap" key, any further characters are "hold-select" keys.
The following fonts have been installed on your computer: Aboriginal Sans, Aboriginal Serif. Please use these fonts when typing in your language as they have been specially built to represent your language as accurately as possible.
Notes on touch layout
|Q||W W̱||E||_||T Ṯ Ⱦ Ŧ||Y||U||I Í||O||P|
|A Á Ⱥ||S Ś||D||/||-||H||J||K Ḵ Ḱ ₭||L Ƚ||,|
|s||Z||X X̱||C Ć Ȼ||´||B||N Ṉ||M|