St̓át̓imcets Keyboard Help
This keyboard is designed for the St̓át̓imcets language of the BC Interior region of Canada.
If square boxes are displayed instead of characters when using this keyboard (and in the keyboard layouts below), please read our troubleshooting guide.
- All accents are typed after the base character: é is typed e then Semicolon ;
- To type the acute accent use the Semicolon key ; — á is typed a then Semicolon ;
- To type the apostrophe accent use the Apostrophe key ' — k̓ is typed k then Apostrophe '
- You can type the original English punctuation marks by holding down the Right-Alt or Option key. The Slash / is typed Right-Alt+Slash (Windows) Option+Slash (Mac).
- Opening and closing quotes. For Mac users, Right-Alt is either of the Option Keys.
- single: ‘ Right-Alt+7 — ’ Right-Alt+8
- double: “ Shift+Hyphen — ” Shift+Equals
- single ‹ Right-Alt+Shift+9 — › Right-Alt+Shift+0
- double « Right-Alt+9 — » Right-Alt+0
The following fonts have been installed on your computer: Aboriginal Sans, Aboriginal Serif. Please use these fonts when typing in your language as they have been specially built to represent your language as accurately as possible.
Notes on touch layout
|q q̓||w w̓||e é||r r̓||t t̓ t̲s̲||y y̓||u ú||i í||o ó||p p̓|
|a á||s s̓ s̲||7||’||g g̓||h||´||k k̓||l l̓ l̲ ĺ̲||? !|
|z z̓||x||c||v v́||. ,||n n̓||m m̓|
- keys with a red background are combining accents.
- the first character in a cell is the "one-tap" key, any further characters are "hold-select" keys.