Obolo Chwerty Keyboard Help
Obolo Chwerty is a simple Unicode keyboard for the Obolo language, using the CHWERTY layout ch, ọ, and n̄.
The keyboard uses CHWERTY layout.
"Ebi Obolo" do not have 'C' and 'H' in their "abiche" (alphabet), but they have the 'CH' sound (as well as the 'SH' sound in some dialect). This and other features make Obolo Language unique. Hence this unique layout.
In this language, note that:
(1) You cannot place more than one accent on a letter.
(2) Some accents are optional and are not required. They are only used in primers and for beginners.
(3) Some letters do not accept some accents.
(4) Some letters do not accept accents at all.
Except for the optional accents which are not required, the keyboard will notify you when you inadvertently go against the spelling rules.
The Obolo Chwerty keyboard follows the English (QWERTY US) layout. On computers, you can type all of the special Obolo letters with a single keystroke using this keyboard. Here is how:
Desktop Keyboard Layout
Mobile/Tablet Keyboard Layout
Due to the size and number of keys, some characters are hidden in the long press. Press and hold on the key with a little dot on the top right to reveal and use them.
Tap the deadkey (or the ']' key on desktop) then the given key to get the English letter in that position.
If what you are doing does not support 'n̄' or does not render it well, then you can tap the BACKSLASH key after the 'n̄' to get 'ñ'.
The position of your BACKSLASH key depends on type of keyboard you are using.
The three keyboard types and the respective position of the BACKSLASH keys are shown below.
You can tell where your BACKSLASH key is by looking at the shape of your ENTER/RETURN key:
Keyman ... type to the world in your language.
Obolo Chwerty ... ge inu me usem kwun̄ ria si ere geelek me linyọn̄.
Itọn̄ ikup inyi Awaji!
All Documentation Versions
- Obolo Chwerty Keyboard Help 1.2.0
- Obolo Chwerty Keyboard Help 1.1.2
- Obolo Chwerty Keyboard Help 1.1.1
- Obolo Chwerty Keyboard Help 1.1
- Obolo Chwerty Keyboard Help 1.0