Arabic Phonetic Keyboard Help
Arabic Phonetic Keyboard - Preliminary (beta) Version
Created by Tavultesoft Pty Ltd
This is a preliminary keyboard for entering Arabic phonetically using a standard English keyboard. See the OnScreen Keyboard for the character mapping used.
Please email email@example.com with any comments you have on using this keyboard.
This keyboard has several shortcuts to make it easier to type phonetically:
- To make a long vowel, type the vowel twice. This is supported for:
- aa (ا)
- AA (آ)
- uu (ؤ)
- ee (إ)
- Four other multiple key outputs are supported:
- yx (ئ)
- ao ( ً )
- uo ( ٌ )
- eo ( ٍ )
- To add a Shadda (e.g. shown here on Beh, بّ), type the consonant twice
- To type Allah (لله), type llh
- To cycle through different variations of a letter, use the slash key (/). This is currently supported for:
- alef/ain/fatha (a/)
- dad/dal (d/)
- heh/khah/hah (h/)
- sad/sheen/seen (s/)
- tah/teh marbuta/theh/zah/thal/teh (t/)
Version 0.2 released 27 February 2009, added some additional documentation.
Version 0.1 for Keyman Desktop 7.0. Released 30 January 2009.