Introducing Keyman Developer
Keyman Developer allows you to create your own keyboard layouts for use on the Keyman platform. Keyman is a multi-platform input method solution that runs on Windows, macOS, the web, mobile web, iOS and Android. Keyman keyboards can also be read by KMFL for Linux and UNIX based platforms.
There are two core applications included in Keyman Developer: the Keyman Developer IDE (sometimes called TIKE), and KMComp.
The Keyman Developer IDE, or TIKE (Tavultesoft Integrated Keyboard Editor) is a complete environment for designing, developing, testing, and packaging your keyboards for distribution. Some of the major features of Keyman Developer IDE are:
- Keyboard Editor, for creating keyboards visually for all platforms
- Touch Layout editor, for creating fluid touch layouts
- Package Editor, for creating a package of keyboard, fonts and files for distribution on Windows and macOS
- Branding Pack, for creating a Keyman Engine-based product for Windows that includes your keyboards
- Integrated compiler, to compile keyboards and packages
- Fully interactive debugger for testing keyboards
- Character Map, which supports viewing Unicode fonts under all Windows versions
- On Screen Keyboard editor, for creating visual representations of keyboards
- Projects, for managing keyboard development projects large and small
KMComp, the command-line compiler, is a straightforward tool that lets you compile keyboards and packages from the command-line.