Dënesųłıné Keyboard Help
This keyboard is designed for the Dënesųłıné language of the Western Subarctic region of Canada.
If square boxes are displayed instead of characters when using this keyboard (and in the keyboard layouts below), please read our troubleshooting guide.
- Accents are typed after the base letter — ę is typed e then Right-Bracket ]
- To type the high-tone accent use the Backquote key ` — á is typed a then Backquote `
- To type the nasal accent use the Right-Bracket key ] — ą is typed a then Right-Bracket ]
- To type the high-nasal accent use the Equals key = — ą́ is typed a then Equals =
- You can type the original English punctuation by holding down the Right-Alt or Option key. The Semicolon ; is typed Right-Alt+Semicolon (Windows) Option+Semicolon (Mac).
- Opening and closing quotes. For Mac users, Right-Alt is either of the Option Keys.
- single: ‘ Shift+Backquote — ’ Apostrophe
- double: “ Shift+Equals — ” Shift+Right-Bracket
- single ‹ Right-Alt+Shift+9 — › Right-Alt+Shift+0
- double « Right-Alt+9 — » Right-Alt+0
- keys with a red background are combining accents.
- the first character in a cell is the "one-tap" key, any further characters are "hold-select" keys.
- Dënesųłıné Keyboard Help 9.1.3
- Dënesųłıné Keyboard Help 9.1.2
- Dënesųłıné Keyboard Help 9.1.1
- Dënesųłıné Keyboard Help 9.1
- Dënesųłıné Keyboard Help 9.0
The following fonts have been installed on your computer: Aboriginal Sans, Aboriginal Serif. Please use these fonts when typing in your language as they have been specially built to represent your language as accurately as possible.
Notes on touch layout
|´||w||e é ę ę́||r||t||y||u ú ų ų́||ı ı́ ı̨ ı̨́||o ó ǫ ǫ́||ł|
|a á ą ą́||s||d||˛||g||h||j||k||l||' "|
|z||x||c||ë ë́ ę̈ ę̈́||ɂ||b||n||m|