Halq'eméylem Keyboard Help
This keyboard is designed for the Halq'eméylem language of the BC Coast region of Canada.
If square boxes are displayed instead of characters when using this keyboard (and in the keyboard layouts below), please read our troubleshooting guide.
- All accents are typed after the base character: á is typed a then Slash /
- To type the acute accent use the Slash key / — é is typed e then Slash /
- To type the grave accent use the Backquote key ` — è is typed e then Backquote `
- The original English punctuation keys can be typed by holding down the Right-Alt or Option key. The Semicolon ; is typed Right-Alt+Semicolon (Windows) Option+Semicolon (Mac).
- Opening and closing quotes. For Mac users, Right-Alt is either of the Option Keys.
- single: ‘ Shift+Backquote — ’ Apostrophe
- double: “ Shift+Hyphen — ” Shift+Equals
- single ‹ Right-Alt+Shift+9 — › Right-Alt+Shift+0
- double « Right-Alt+9 — » Right-Alt+0
- keys with a red background are combining accents.
- the first character in a cell is the "one-tap" key, any further characters are "hold-select" keys.
- Halq'eméylem Keyboard Help 9.1.3
- Halq'eméylem Keyboard Help 9.1.2
- Halq'eméylem Keyboard Help 9.1.1
- Halq'eméylem Keyboard Help 9.1
- Halq'eméylem Keyboard Help 9.0
The following fonts have been installed on your computer: Aboriginal Sans, Aboriginal Serif. Please use these fonts when typing in your language as they have been specially built to represent your language as accurately as possible.
Download the latest version of Aboriginal Sans and Aboriginal Serif
Notes on touch layout
|q||w||e é è||:||t||y||u ú ù||i í ì||o ó ò||p|
|a á à||s||´||`||-||h||ō ṓ ṑ||k||l||'|
|x̱||x||c||? !||. ,||n||m|