Nisg̱a'a Keyboard Help
This keyboard is designed for the Nisg̱a'a language of the BC Coast region of Canada.
If square boxes are displayed instead of characters when using this keyboard (and in the keyboard layouts below), please read our troubleshooting guide.
- All accents are typed after the base character: ḵ is typed k then Semicolon ;
- To type the underline accent use the Semicolon key ; — g̱ is typed g then Semicolon ;
Always use this key to type the underline accent, never use your word processor’s underline formatting function.
- To type the apostrophe accent use the Slash / — w̓ is typed w then Slash /
This accent is not the same as the spacing apostrophe, as in p’.
- You can type the English value of the punctuation keys by holding down the Right-Alt or Option key. The Semicolon ; is typed Right-Alt+Semicolon (Windows) Option+Semicolon (Mac).
- Opening and closing quotes. For Mac users, Right-Alt is either of the Option Keys.
- single: ‘ Shift+Grave — ’ Apostrophe
- double: “ Shift+Left-Bracket — ” Shift+Right-Bracket
- single ‹ Right-Alt+Shift+9 — › Right-Alt+Shift+0
- double « Right-Alt+9 — » Right-Alt+0
The following fonts have been installed on your computer: Aboriginal Sans, Aboriginal Serif. Please use these fonts when typing in your language as they have been specially built to represent your language as accurately as possible.
Notes on touch layout
|ḵ||w w̓||e||’||t||y y̓||u||i||o||p|
|a||s||d||g̱||g||h||j||k||l l̓||' "|
|x̱||x||? !||. ,||b||n n̓||m m̓|
- keys with a red background are combining accents.
- the first character in a cell is the "one-tap" key, any further characters are "hold-select" keys.