Nsilxcən (deprecated) Keyboard Help
This keyboard is designed for the Nsilxcən language of the BC Interior region of Canada.
If square boxes are displayed instead of characters when using this keyboard (and in the keyboard layouts below), please read our troubleshooting guide.
- The special characters of Nsilxcen have been assigned to the number keys. To type the numerals, hold down the Right-Alt or Option key then press the appropriate number key. The Numeric keypad on the right side of many keyoards keep its original numbers
- All accents are typed after the base character: á is typed a then Semicolon ;
- To type the acute accent use the Semicolon key ; — é is typed e then Semicolon ;
- To type the apostrophe accent use the apostrophe key ' — k̓ is typed k then Apostrophe '
The ƛ̓ automatically types the glottal accent in one keystroke.
- To type the under-dot accent use the number 1 key — x̣ is typed x then 1
- To type the grave accent use the backquote key ` — à is typed a then Backquote `
This accent is occasionally used for linguistic purposes.
- The original values of the punctuation keys can be typed by holding down the Right-Alt or Option key. The Semicolon ; is typed Right-Alt+Semicolon (Windows) Option+Semicolon (Mac).
- Opening and closing quotes. For Mac users, Right-Alt is either of the Option Keys.
- single: ‘ Left-Bracket — ’ Right-Bracket
- double: “ Shift+Left-Bracket — ” Shift+Right-Bracket
- single ‹ Right-Alt+Shift+9 — › Right-Alt+Shift+0
- double « Right-Alt+9 — » Right-Alt+0
The following fonts have been installed on your computer: Aboriginal Sans, Aboriginal Serif. Please use these fonts when typing in your language as they have been specially built to represent your language as accurately as possible.
Notes on touch layout
|q q̓||w w̓||ə ə́||r r̓||t t̓||y y̓||u ú||i í||ƛ̓||p p̓|
|a á||s||ʔ||´||ɣ ɣ̓||h ḥ||ʷ||k k̓||l l̓||ł|
|x̌ x̣||x||c c̓||’||ʕ ʕ̓||n n̓||m m̓|
- keys with a red background are combining accents.
- the first character in a cell is the "one-tap" key, any further characters are "hold-select" keys.