SENĆOŦEN Keyboard Help
This keyboard is designed for the SENĆOŦEN language of the BC Coast region of Canada.
If square boxes are displayed instead of characters when using this keyboard (and in the keyboard layouts below), please read our troubleshooting guide.
To type in SENĆOŦEN on Mac or PC, turn CAPS LOCK on. To type a special character, type the base character and then type an accenting key. (Ṯ is typed T then Semicolon ;)
- To type the acute accent use the Apostrophe key ' — Ć is typed C then Apostrophe '
- To type the slash accent use the Slash key / — Ⱥ is typed A then Slash /
- To type the dash accent use the Hyphen key - — Ŧ is typed T then Hyphen -
- There are two options to type the low line accent:
- Use the Semicolon key ; — Ṉ is typed N then Semicolon ;
- Use the Underscore key _ — Ṉ is typed N then Shift-Underscore _
- To type cedilla (glottal stop) press Shift+Comma , OR turn on Caps Lock and type Comma , (Cedilla is treated as capitalized comma.)
- Opening and closing quotes. For Mac users, Right-Alt is either of the Option Keys.
- single: « Left-Bracket — » Right-Bracket
- double: ‹ Shift+Left-Bracket — › Shift+Right-Bracket
- The original English punctuation keys can always be typed by holding down the Right-Alt or Option key. The slash / is typed Right-Alt+Slash (Windows) Option+Slash (Mac).
The following fonts have been installed on your computer: Aboriginal Sans, Aboriginal Serif. Please use these fonts when typing in your language as they have been specially built to represent your language as accurately as possible.
|Q||W W̱||E||_||T Ṯ Ⱦ Ŧ||Y||U||I Í||O||P|
|A Á Ⱥ||S Ś||D||/||-||H||J||K Ḵ Ḱ ₭||L Ƚ||¸|
|s||Z||X X̱||C Ć Ȼ||´||B||N Ṉ||M|
- keys with a red background are combining accents.
- the first character in a cell is the "one-tap" key, any further characters are "hold-select" keys.
All Documentation Versions
- SENĆOŦEN Keyboard Help 9.2.1
- SENĆOŦEN Keyboard Help 9.2
- SENĆOŦEN Keyboard Help 9.1.1
- SENĆOŦEN Keyboard Help 9.1
- SENĆOŦEN Keyboard Help 9.0