Naija Type Keyboard Help
This keyboard aims to serve all Nigerian languages, not just Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo, using the standard characters normally recommended for each script.
Desktop Keyboard Layout
- Press a key like the letter you want then use the semicolon to change its shape.
eg a ; → ə
U ; → Ʉ
U ; ; ; → U̱
- Type the top-left back tick (`) and hold shift and press tilde (~) keys to add diacritics above the letter.
eg a ` → á
e ; ~ → ε̃
- Keep pressing these special keys to move through different options.
- Double press space bar to get a full stop followed by a space.
Mobile/Tablet Keyboard Layout
- Press and hold a key for alternate characters similar to the letter you press. Then move your finger over to the letter you want.
- For most punctuation press and hold the . (full stop / period) key or the comma key on the left of the keyboard.
- Q and space have several combining letters so you can type o then hold on Q to choose the underline or underdot or an accent above.