HOWTO: Unbundle bundled keyboard layouts from older versions of Keyman
NOTE: This archived documentation has not been updated recently and may contain information that is no longer relevant
Follow the steps below to unbundle a keyboard layout which has come bundled to an older version of Keyman. This prevents having to install the older version of Keyman in order to gain access to the keyboard layout.
Unbundling a keyboard layout from a Keyman 5 or Keyman 6 bundled installer-
- Start the bundled installer.
- From the initial setup screen, click About and leave the installer open on this screen.
- Open the Windows Start menu, click Run, type %temp%, and press enter.
- In the Explorer window which opens, look for a folder with a name that begins with the letters kmt and ends with a few random letters and numbers. Open that folder.
- In that folder you will find one or more .kmp files. Copy the .kmp file(s) to another folder on your computer.
- Return to the Keyman 6 bundled installer and exit it.
You will now have a copy of your desired Keyman keyboard layout without having to install Keyman 6. You can delete the bundled installer package.
- Keyman Desktop Light 7.0
- Keyman Desktop Professional 7.0
- Keyman Desktop Corporate 7.0