Firewalls & keyman32.dll
NOTE: This archived documentation has not been updated recently and may contain information that is no longer relevant
Certain firewalls impair or prevent the use of the Keyman Desktop library file keyman32.dll. This file is completely safe and is necessary for the running of Keyman Desktop. Should your firewall questions you about this file, you will need to accept the file to continue running Keyman.
If for any reason you are concerned that keyman32.dll may have been tampered with, you may check the file's digital signature here:
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- In the search or run box, type %commonprogramfiles% or, in Windows 64-bit, %commonprogramfiles(x86).
- Open the Tavultesoft folder.
- Open the Keyman Engine folder.
- Right-click on keyman32.dll.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Digital Signature tab.
- Select Tavultesoft in the signature list, and click details.
- You should see the message "This digital signature is OK". If you receive any other message, please let us know.
If you need any assistance using Keyman Desktop with your firewall, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keyman Desktop Corporate 7.0
- Keyman Desktop Light 7.0
- Keyman Desktop Professional 7.0
- Keyman Developer Branding Pack 7.0
- Keyman Developer KeymanWeb Pack 7.0
- Keyman Developer Professional 7.0