FIX: Keyman keyboards activate but do not work
NOTE: This archived documentation has not been updated recently and may contain information that is no longer relevant
You may experience an issue in Windows 7 where:
- Keyman Desktop is on; and
- your Keyman keyboard is active, with its icon showing in the Keyman menu; but
- your Keyman keyboard does not work.
To solve this problem:
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- In the search bar, enter: Notification Area Icons
- Find 'Tavultesoft Keyman Engine' and select ‹Show icon and notifications›.
- Click ‹OK›.
When the Keyman icon is in the hidden notification area of the Windows taskbar, opening the notification area and selecting the icon causes it to change the keyboard for the taskbar, not for your active application. Clicking back to the active application results in the keyboard turning off again.
- Keyman Desktop Light 7.0
- Keyman Desktop Professional 7.0