INFO: About the Keyman Desktop setup bootstrapper
NOTE: This archived documentation has not been updated recently and may contain information that is no longer relevant
About the Bootstrapper
The Keyman Desktop installation bootstrapper is a self-extracting executable file that contains a Windows Installer technology MSI file, and optionally keyboards.
- Checks the system before starting the installation to ensure that all prerequisites are met, and optionally downloads and installs the prerequisites.
- Optionally checks online for an updated version of Keyman Desktop before installing.
- Starts the Keyman Desktop Windows Installer MSI package.
- Installs any keyboards included.
- Starts Keyman Desktop after the install completes.
Command Line Options
The following command line parameters are supported in the bootstrapper:
|-c||Continue setup after Windows restarts (this parameter is not normally required)|
|-s||Run a silent installation|
|-o||Do not check online for updates or prerequisites (useful with -s)|
|-x <extractpath>||Extract all the files from the self-extracting executable to the path extractpath and exit the bootstrapper.|
- Keyman Desktop Light 7.0
- Keyman Desktop Professional 7.0