Keyman Engine for Desktop Branding Tutorial
- Step 1: Choosing a licensing model
- Step 2: Choosing a user interface model
- Step 3: Editing icons for the product
- Step 4: Setting up menus for the product
- Step 5: Customising strings in the product
- Step 6: Customising user interface files
Branding is the process of putting your own product name, logo and distribution model together for creating a custom product based on Keyman Engine.
In this tutorial, we will look at how to choose an appropriate licensing model for your product, and adapt the Keyman Desktop user interface to meet your product's requirements.
- To get started with this tutorial, open the Project window, and click the tab.
- Click and enter a filename for the branding source file. A branding source file will have a .kct extension. Click to create the file.
- A dialog will appear, prompting you to select a template for customisation. You should select the "keyman" template for this tutorial, and click .