- Used by:
- Keyman Desktop and custom Keyman Engine products.
- A .KMP file is a Keyman Package file.
- A .KMP file is compiled from a Keyman Package source file (.KPS) using the Package Editor in Keyman Developer. Normal contents of a Keyman Package are one or more keyboards with fonts, documentation, and On
Screen Keyboard (.KVK) files. Keyman Developer will also include a metadata
file in the package.
- Distributed with keyboard:
- A Keyman Package file (.KMP) can include keyboard files (.KMX/.JS), fonts, documentation, and On Screen
Keyboard (.KVK) files. Do not include source files (.KMN/.KVKS) in the Package.
The Keyman Package is normally distributed instead of the plain keyboard file (.KMX) in order to
include the extra files.