Here are some of the new features we have added to Keyman 14.0 for Windows:
- We renamed the program from Keyman Desktop to Keyman for Windows. Now that Keyman runs on so many platforms, it didn't make sense for us to use a special, different name for Keyman on Windows.
- Keyman keyboards are no longer hidden from the Windows language picker when you exit Keyman. (This helps maintain input method language tag stability.)
- Simpler and Smoother Keyboard Search (#3326)
- Localizable user interface through translate.keyman.com
- Added user interface for configuring all Keyman system-level options (#3733)
- Refreshed user interface no longer depends on Internet Explorer (#1720); now uses Chromium to host all web-based user interface (e.g. Keyman Configuration)
- Smoother and more reliable installation of keyboard languages (#3509)
- Choose associated language when keyboard is installed (#3524)
- Improved BCP 47 tag support (#3529)
- Much improved initial download and installation experience including bundled keyboards (#3304)
- Keyman Configuration changes now apply instantly (#3753)
- Improved user experience when many keyboards are installed (#3626, #3627)
- Improved error reporting with Sentry.io, so we can learn about and fix bugs more quickly
Watch a video that highlights some of these new features.
- Keyman Engine no longer supports the keyboard usage page (usage.htm). This functionality reduction arises because it is not safe to host a web page within the Keyman Toolbox, which runs at a higher level of privilege. We are looking for alternatives to restore similar functionality in a future update.