Step 1: What do we include?
What is the purpose of a package? To make installation of a keyboard, fonts, documentation, and on screen keyboard as straightforward as possible for the end user.
We need to keep this goal in mind as we work on all the aspects of a package.
A good package will:
- Collect the keyboard and font files together for simple installation
- Include Start Menu items for documentation
A great package will also:
- Include a 'readme' visible before install.
- Include a 'welcome.htm' file which is displayed after install.
- Include an On Screen Keyboard if relevant.
- Include documentation on use of the keyboard.
Packages uploaded to the Tavultesoft website will get basic icon ratings reflecting their ease of install/use:
- includes fonts
- includes documentation
- includes on screen keyboards
- includes welcome.htm
In general, the more icons that a package earns, the easier that end users will find it to start using.