How To - Install Keyman for macOS
Keyman for macOS is available for download as a standard Apple Disk Image (.dmg) file. It should be installed according to the following instructions.
- Double click the DMG file and drag and drop the Keyman app into the ‘Input Methods’ folder.
Add Keyman for macOS as an input source (See Getting Started with Keyman for macOS for more details.)
- On the Apple menu, click "System Preferences"
- Click "Keyboard", select the "Input Sources" tab, and then click "+". (This step may differ slightly depending on the OS version.)
- Select "Multiple Languages", and then select "Keyman" in the right-hand pane to add as an input method.
Click the input menu and switch to Keyman. Click the input menu again to see the installed keyboards in Keyman:Keyboards menu.
This will show "(None)" at first. You may switch to another keyboard from this menu, once they are installed.
See How To - Download and Install a Keyman Keyboard
- Now you can start typing with the selected keyboard in any text editor or application that uses standard macOS input methods.
How To - Updating Keyman for macOS
- First, logout and login again. This ensures that Keyman is not in use.
- Then you should be able to drag and update Keyman following the installation steps above
To uninstall Keyman for macOS, follow the steps in Help - Uninstall Keyman for macOS.